Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Starting a Tau Codex 6th edition Review

I've always loved the Tau army. They were alien, new, and totally different than the Imperial models that I've always fought against. The far future should be a technology filled universe, where shooting enemies makes more sense than punching them. In this way, the Tau always seemed like the army of the future.
I don't own a Tau army, however. Unfortunately, the price of starting a 40k army from scratch is prohibitive of collecting everything you like. I have too many other armies that need reinforcements to justify spending money on a new project . . . as tempted as I am. However, with 6th edition 40k and Allies, I can now justify picking up a unit or two to include as an allied force!

With that said, I now had a reason to purchase the new codex when it was released a few months ago. I've dug through it, but so many other projects distracted me from really digging deep. Of course, the fact that I still had no army didn't help. Now, with my Eldar army coming together and my review of the new Eldar Codex complete, I find myself being called once again to look a the Tau.

So I am starting to review the new Tau codex, unit by unit and rule by rule, just like I did with the Eldar codex. It will be a lot of work, but it will give me that deeper understanding of the army that I need to run competitive armies, mostly as allies for my Eldar.

You can find Part 1 of my Tau Codex Review here:
I hope you check it out. Give me some comments about what you want to see! Alright, back to typing. Murphy Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment