Sunday, June 9, 2013

Alien Jungle Finished


I finished the bases of my Alien Jungle terrain. I had a vision of what they would look like with decent bases and I think I achieved it. It's a hard thing to do, making aquarium plants and making them look proper on the battlefield.


I painted the bases a mossy green color and then used PVA glue to add sand, green covering from Woodland Scenics, and finally some static grass in clumps. Here they are with an old Fire Dragon Exarch for scale. Followed below are few more photos.


(Above) A close up of the finished bases.


A shot with all the trees together. I think it works rather well! I brought the lot down to The Battlezone and I'll post a picture in my next post.

What do you think? Some of the guys downtown teased me about the aquarium plants, but that's the nature of our group. I think they liked them. I joked back "In the grim universe of the far future, there is only war . . . and pine trees." No longer!

If you are on Twitter, (@BenMurphy) follow my account if you'd like to hear shorting musing or get updates when I post a new article on Hubpages. I wont blast you, I swear!

Murphy Out.










No comments:

Post a Comment