|Greater Daemon of Slaanesh - custom!|
I've been fairly successful with them over the last few weeks, which is accounted for by two things: local players just aren't expecting what the Daemons can do, and the fact that I've used conniving tactics to make it work.
Let me be clear: I don't have a large Daemon army. The models I have are enough to play with, but I have very little variety. I only owned daemons as support for my main chaos marine army since 2nd edition, so I never bothered to buy a whole army of them. When the 6th edition Chaos Space Marine 'dex came out, there were no daemons to be seen. Obviously they were going be used only as allies, and thus I had to wait for the new Daemon codex to arrive a few months later.
So admittedly, I don't have the best army build. I play with what I own, and I've been doing pretty good with them. So what do I have? Here is the list I ran yesterday versus some great Space Wolves. Allied units are listed in Italics.
- Greater Daemon of Slaanesh - 2 greater rewards and a Slaanesh psychic power
- 2 Slaanesh Heralds - each with the Move Through Cover loci and an Etherblade: AP 2 mastercrafted!
- 1 Herald of Tzeentch - +1 Str on psychic loci and Divination - reroll misses
- Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer - Biomancy + Spell Familiar
- 3 Beasts of Nurgle
- 10 Daemonettes + Alluress with Etherblade: AP 2 Mastercrafted
- 10 Daemonettes + Alluress with Etherblade
- 11 Pink Horrors + Blasted Standard
- 5 Chaos Space Marines + Plasma gun
- 5 Chaos Space Marines + Flamer
- 10 Chaos Furies with Slaanesh (gives them fleet, +3" run, and Rending)
- Heldrake with Baleflamer
- Daemon Prince of Slaanesh + armor + wings + Grimoire of True Names
- 2 Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle (to give them Toughness 5)
As you see, I'm basically playing with what I have. How do I run it? I think that will be a future blog post, so I can really get into it. For now, how about a few pictures?
|Daemon Prince of Slaanesh|
|Snap shot of Daemon Army|
|Skull Cannon of Khorne - WIP|
Thanks for reading. Do you have any questions about my army list or my models? Leave a comment and I'll get back to you quick. Murphy Out!