Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Alien Jungle Terrain





In the spare moments I've had from writing the new Eldar Codex Review articles, I made some alien jungle terrain for our tables down at The Battlezone.



I've always wanted to do this, and this last weekend I grabbed these colorful plastic plants from the pet section at Walmart. I cut some of the longer plants down to size with a little snip and then started mounting them on spare bases. I added a little bit of cork board for some texture around the trunks and then painted the whole base green last night.




This pic shows one of the bases up close. I'm going to add some sand and then some green flock to it (maybe tonight). By the way, that is my scratch-built Lucius the Eternal next to the plants. I will post some pics of the completed set as soon as I get them done. For about $3.50 and some spare bases, I've got a nice set of alien trees.

If anyone has any questions or is interested in a How-To, then let me know! Comments are always welcome!

Murphy Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment