It's been unofficially announced that September will bring a host of new 40k products, the greatest of which will be the new Codex: Space Marines. While this will be amazing, no doubt, I was also intrigued by another release, Warzone: Damnos. As I bought the Apocalypse book when it came out, I'm interested in any other Apocalypse material. So what is Damnos?
I did a little bit of research and found the following information:
- Ultramarines lead by Cpt. Sicarius attempt to rescue and Imperial mining colony amidst the awakening of a Necron tomb world.
- The conflict is mentioned in the 5th edition Space Marine codex.
- Damnos is given the full narrative treatment in the 2011 book, The Fall of Damnos, by Black Library author, Nick Kyme (of Salamanders fiction fame).
- History of the conflict.
- Plenty of artwork for major characters and maps of the area.
- 3+ new battle scenarios
- Order of Battle for at least one scenario, describing the historical troops used.
- New Strategic Asset Cards
- Possible new Unnatural Disaster and Terrain
- New Apocalypse Formations for Ultramarines
- New Apocalypse Formations for Necrons
- Possible new Datasheet for units/super-heavies.
It's possible that the Ultramarines Formations will include models from the new Codex: Space Marine coming out in the same month. In fact, I guarantee this. So what models will be included in new formations? If rumor has it, we will see a formation with:
- Hunter/Stalker tank (anti-air rhino variant)
- Dreadmarine (power-armor in exo-skeleton with heavy weapons)
- Captain Sicarius High Command formation